Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Title: Automotive Electrician Experienced - Ancillary fleet
Work Location: Solomon
Roster: 7D7N7RNR - FIFO ex Perth
Fortescue are seeking suitably qualified Automotive Electricians based at Solomon on a 7D7N7RNR FIFO roster. You will be responsible for carrying out electrical repairs and inspections on the mobile fleet, performing duties in and around the pit and workshop, carrying out scheduled maintenance and breakdown fault finding, completing service reports and identifying parts requirements as required. You will also be responsible for providing high quality and safe electrical maintenance in an effective and timely manner.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Providing safe, effective and timely electrical maintenance to our equipment
- Auto electrical scheduled maintenance and breakdown fault finding on a wide range of heavy mobile equipment and light vehicles
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems
- Conduct required inspections to maximise equipment utilisation
- Ensure all activities undertaken are carried out in accordance with company safety policy and procedures
Qualifications and skills required:
- Auto Electrician trade certificate (Australian recognised)
- Current C-Class Drivers licence
- Substantial experience in mining production or operational heavy industrial environment
- Knowledge of troubleshooting heavy equipment on board electronic and remote monitoring systems
- Extensive electrical heavy mobile equipment experience, specifically Caterpillar Ancillary fleet including: 994H, 994K Wheel Loaders. 16M, 24M Graders. D10T, D11T Track Dozers and 854K Wheel Dozers.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.